Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join us as we make history by scaling the depth and breadth of personalization in Amazon Music. Our team is focused on incubating, building, orchestrating and optimizing customer experiences in Amazon Music. These innovations focus on Machine Learning-driven forms of personalization to help make discovering music, podcasts and videos a daily delight. Our platforms are used in mobile apps, the web and voice assistants such as Amazon Echo devices. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
You are a customer-centric, detail-oriented, and passionate Software Development Manager who is excited about thinking about big challenges, big data, personalization, and machine learning. You will contribute your creative ideas and energy to improving the customer experience by leaps and bounds and incubate fresh and disruptive experiences. You work backward from enabling people when hiring, coaching and managing high-performing developers who research, design, and implement algorithms that test their best ideas against Amazon's legion of music customers. You will leverage your own strengths and those of your team to make Amazon Music more personalized and the best part of each customers' day.
Come innovate with our Amazon Music teams!
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 4+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 8+ years of people management experience, managing engineers and managers
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience developing and executing software roadmaps
· Experience architecting and managing software platforms on scale
· Experience leading highly-skilled software engineers and scientists
· Experience in recruiting individual contributors
· Experience developing careers
· Experience with Machine Learning (recommender systems, personalized search)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A love of music!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates