is the best-known AI company in Germany. We develop neural networks that support people in dealing with language. With DeepL Translator, we have brought the best international computer translation onto the market and make it available to everyone on the Internet free of charge. In the next few years we would like to develop DeepL into the world's leading company for language technology.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What makes us different from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on developing new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges in developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open, because we want our employees to feel comfortable. We use modern technologies in our daily work - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries or to solve other linguistic problems.
When we talk about DeepL or Linguee as an employer, a lot of people respond very positively. Because they have often enjoyed the open, free services and apps. And we are happy that we are helping to reduce language barriers.
Work wherever you want
You can decide whether you want to work at home or in the office. Our way of working is designed so that you become an integral part of the team, no matter where you work. That is why we are looking for outstanding employees.
What will you do at DeepL in the future?
Support our research team with the further development of our internal tools. This ensures that the next generations of neural networks can be efficiently trained, analyzed and tested. You will support the research team but also work closely with our development and DevOps teams.
- Further development of existing internal tools, for example to coordinate the training of our AI solutions or for the quality assessment of our translations
- Conception of new solutions that can scale with our growing infrastructure, new neural network architectures and new languages
- In close interaction with our researchers, you create the tools and dashboards with which we explore new research ideas
- You build both the front ends and the back ends for the developed tools
- You will work with both the development and research teams
What we offer you
- Interesting problems: programming and research at the highest level
- A small, effective and extremely good team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making paths. Our decision-makers are developers themselves
- Focus on high quality
- A lot of development potential in one of the most promising areas: in the future, AI will play a major role in our lives
- Working on a product that is already being used by more than 100 million people
- A meaningful job: We are breaking down language barriers around the world and thus bringing different cultures closer together
- A nice office in Cologne or Paderborn (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
What to bring with you
- Good knowledge of Python
- Experience with backend frameworks and databases (SQL)
- You can find your way around in a Linux environment
- First experiences with: Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes are a plus
- A good understanding of algorithmics
- Enjoy solving difficult problems
- A lot of interest in new things, for example new frameworks, programming languages ...
- Very good German and good English skills
- Experience and a lot of initiative in programming various projects
We are looking forward to your application!