Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy series including Apology Line, Even the Rich, American Scandal and Business Wars. Wondery’s shows have gained critical acclaim and commercial success from an immersive approach to audio storytelling, which helps listeners to “Feel the Story.” Ten of the Top 20 New Shows of 2020 in the US were from Wondery, according to Podtrac, and an impressive 31 of Wondery’s shows hit #1 on Apple Podcasts since 2017. Many Wondery series are being adapted for scripted television, including WeCrashed, The Shrink Next Door, and Dr. Death.
Wondery is looking for an Originals Producer, Germany. In this position, you will support the sourcing, development and execution of the local original productions. This role will provide guidance on creative approach, production process, and best practices for how to create compelling originals that can be released within the Wondery brand of premium story-driven podcasts like Business Wars, Dr. Death, Even the Rich, and The Lead and on Amazon Music. You will play a key role in vetting concepts for Commissioned Originals, and then will be responsible for setting creative goals, budgets, and production timelines with third-party production teams, and connecting them with the senior members of our internal content team to help steer the creative process.
You’re experienced in audio storytelling. You have the ability to tell stories in an entertaining, compelling and emotionally engaging way no matter the content, format or length of the story. You’re creative and curious and a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment. You will be joining a dynamic, creative and fast-paced team, bringing an in-depth knowledge of the German podcast landscape to support multiple projects in development and production, as well as a high volume of submissions.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive the development and production pipeline of local Originals
• Balance several projects at once, drive toward clear goals and pivot quickly when needed, and help producers reach their full potential
• Develop and work on a range of show concepts: from highly produced mini-series to talent-driven interview shows
• Set production goals, timelines, budgets and deliverables with third-party creators
• Act as a local point of contact and support for the local creative community (production companies, talent etc.)
• Liaise with marketing and ad operations to get the marketing and ad sales materials needed from third-party producers and talent
• Collect and provide detailed feedback on outlines, scripts and mixes
· A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
· Experience in executing against a content strategy and delivering results.
· Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
· A creative approach to storytelling with sound
· Organizational and project management skills
· Enthusiasm for Wondery’s style and ambition to develop new approaches to storytelling
· Minimum 3-5+ years as an editor, producer, audio storyteller, film/television development, or documentary production
· Bachelors or equivalent experience
· In-depth understanding of the German podcast marketplace, creative trends and the podcast landscape
· Broad network of creators
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead large projects and facilitate group meetings.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidate