Online Editor Team UK (m|f|x)
Here at idealo, Europe’s biggest price comparison portal, our goal is to make our customers' buying decisions easier. Our UK Content Team ensures that our UK website has transparent prices, accurate product information, and impartial editorial contributions. To ensure we can keep providing all the info our customers need for their purchasing decisions, we’re looking for an Online Editor to join our team. If you enjoy working in an e-commerce environment (Shopping online & comparing prices) and want to develop your editorial skills and knowledge as part of an international content team, then apply now.
About your new role
- As an online editor you will be responsible for writing and translating blog posts and articles.
- You will be generating texts with automated texting tools.
- Ordering and editing texts from our external provider(s).
- Copywriting translations for tools, functions and promotions for the website (UX Copy) is also amongst your tasks.
- You will be writing and/or optimising customer purchase advice texts (category/filter/product).
Skills & Requirements
- You have a BA, preferably MA, in a relevant field (e.g. Languages, Communication, Journalism).
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience, B2C copywriting, proofreading or editing for a website, preferably for the UK market. Translation experience is an advantage.
- You have a profound nowledge of basic SEO (e.g. keywords) and some experience using SEO tools.
- You are experienced with automated writing tools is an advantage (AX Semantics).
- You have Impeccable written English (UK), German at least level B1; French, Spanish or Italian is an advantage.
Your Benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day.
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation.
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy. As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.