is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world’s best translation quality. To keep it that way, we need your expert linguistic and outstanding communication skills.
You will be working in a highly motivated team to accomplish a wide array of tasks including proofreading, editing, assessing, or reviewing language data, and advising on various cultural aspects of your language, especially American English, and much more.
We can’t wait to meet you!
- Proofread English texts
- Compare source texts and English translations, paying particular attention to linguistic subtleties and nuances
- Localize English source texts or translations into American English
- Assess, identify, and communicate on any particularities of different regional variants of the English language
- Test and evaluate machine translation data
- Analyze various English texts with particular regard to semantic and grammatical accuracy, and stylistic expression.
- Advise other teams on aspects relating to the English language and culture
What we offer
- Meaningful work: Our goal is to break down all language barriers and bring different cultures closer together
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team
- The chance to work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Regular team events
- Lots of flexibility and an extremely comfortable office in Cologne
- You are fluent in American English and are familiar with the linguistic and cultural details of the language
- Good written and spoken skills in at least one other language
- Experience in applying your analytical skills and linguistic knowledge (morphology, syntax, grammar, spelling) when working with texts and translations
- Degree in Linguistics or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of translation experience
- Experience in language quality assurance
- Knowledge of several languages is a plus
- Experience creating American English language content is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!